Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to transition through action that respects planetary boundaries. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to coordinate and guide the CIE program. As Program Manager you will be the face of this program, and first point of contact for the program partners. Your responsibilities will include: Program management
: Ensure the program and different work streams within it are executed within planning and budget; administration; capacity management. Strategy and goal setting
: Support program partners and representatives from Gemeente Amsterdam in scoping and setting an action-orientated strategy for transitioning the city’s textile sector towards circularity. This work will include: a current state analysis, value chain mapping, the identification of key performance metrics and outcome-based targets, and development of selection criteria for participating entrepreneurs. Maintaining partnerships
: Support the development of a robust network of partners to pioneer impact-driven investment and acceleration for systems change. A range of partners is involved in the program already; you’re expected to deepen the collaboration, expand and maintain this network. Key deliverables
: Develop and deliver key deliverables of the program, in collaboration with our team and program partners, including:
- Written publications and thought pieces
- Presentations and webinars for external audiences
- A set of open blueprints for systemic investment and acceleration that dissemination best practice resulting from the program
- A public events and communications campaign
: Ensure effective collaboration amongst all partners. To bring together thought leaders from various domains, and promote knowledge sharing between experts across the program’s ecosystem.
You are an experienced program manager and have been working on topics ranging from sustainable cities, circular value chains, and venture incubation/acceleration for several years. You have excellent communication and coordination skills to steer, think alongside and work in collaboration with program partners Metabolic, Bankers Without Boundaries, and Impact Hub Amsterdam during the course of the program. Your strength lies in facilitating ideation and multi-stakeholder collaboration. You are comfortable representing the program internally and externally.
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in the field of sustainability, circular economy.
- Experience in such fields as circular textiles, impact finance, or urban innovation.
- Experience with stakeholder and program management.
- Educated to Masters level (or equivalent) in one or more of the following disciplines or similar: Urban design, Urban Policy, Business Innovation, Environmental Sciences, or Industrial Ecology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch
- For non-EU/EEA applicants: The role is dependent upon having or obtaining a visa to live and work in the Netherlands. Metabolic is a recognised visa sponsor and may support the successful candidate's application for a work visa.
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable state. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.